Thursday, August 2, 2012

FESTIVAL TIME!

In Sweden it is not summer if you don't spend at least some of it in a tent in the rain at the number of outdoor concerts that open up around Sweden. I happen to live 15 minutes from one (when I'm at my house in the north), a world music festival called Urkult. We went for the first time last year and loved it. It's a festival for all ages and all types, with an eclectic mix of talented artists from around the world who happen to find themselves in a tiny village in northern Sweden beside a huge dam and some ancient petroglyphs. Just as last year I will be working at the festival, in exchange for a free concert pass and some meal tickets. Last year I worked at the "fik", serving drenched concert-goers hot coffee and Swedish pastries. I also met some wonderful people who taught me Swedish folk-dancing. This year I will be working in the environment group aka. the trash group, which I'm not as excited about but hey, somebody has to do the job. I can't wait to see how I'll meet this year. I may even camp by the river this time, so I can stay up all night dancing (this depends on the amount of rainfall, since I do have the luxury of a warm house 15 minutes away). I'll post some pictures from last year's festival so you get a taste of it.

The big stage:

Me in the tea tent:

A concert at the Sun Stage:

The fire show the first night of the festival:

ONE MONTH UNTIL JORDAN!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment